Jul 22, 2011

This is the End!

So it is offical; I have been home from Cameroon for... 3 weeks and two days now (Megan always tells/corrects me) and have finishd unpacking, done the laundry and have been to camp, Sudbury and back.Its only been this past week were I have actually spent at home. Unfortunately my time at home has mostly been figuring out school next year and preping for camp. My vaccation was in Sudbury which was wonderful.

In the midst of vaccation and busyness at home I have had time to reflect on what God has been teaching me. As I wrote in my last update letter (if you would like to read these comment and I'll post them) I learned that a barrier that was preventing me from developing a closer relationship with God was me constantly comparing myself to others. What I realized is that I need to stop doing this and look to Christ and focus on him alone. This break through has brought me into a closer relationship with him as well as to experience his joy and peace.

Something that I have realized though is that school, work and deadlines are not looming over my head. My prayer is that as these things come that my heart and head will continue to be set on Christ and nothing less. This is also the challenge; to maintain the roots of peace and joy in my heart as I enter school. At the core only Christ power in and through me this will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment