May 2, 2011

Heavenward!

 Whispers; Some hear them in the beat of a drum, others in the strum of the guitar. I hear the whispers of the heavenly Father sitting in the quietness of my car, in an arm chair in the living room or under the tree with the breeze softly blowing. In the quite I hear my Father’s voice. Through his word he tells me his truths, his promises and his gentle corrections.

Read Psalm 91 before you go any further.

Simple words such as if and will are words that should both catch our attention and give a great promise.

If we make the most high our dwelling-
Even the Lord, who is my refuge-
The not harm will come near you,
No disaster will befall you,
No disaster will come to your tent.

Here it asks us to make us the most high; heaven our dwelling place. When I think about dwelling somewhere I think staying put, a place were I am there all the time. It is where I always come back to. Then it calls us to make my Lord as my refuge; the place of safety, peace and protection. THEN if we do this he protect us and not only us but our tent; our family.

As I read this over and over again all I could this of was heavenward. Our focus most not be on what is around us, the troubles the trials the dangers but we must be looking up, looking heavenward. To look to our king and if we do this he will protect us. I think this should change some perspectives in the way we pray especially those who are praying for this team. Rather then praying that we will be protected pray that I am my team will look heavenward so that God can deliverer his promises to us and our families.

Pray that we will look heavenward; look toward our KING and do what He is calling us to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment